CEO and Co-Founder Seth Blackley reflects on the achievements of the last year, as Evolent marks a decade since its founding.
It may be hard to believe, but we at Evolent just celebrated our 10-year anniversary (watch our commemorative video). We enter our second decade on the heels of one of our best years, with an energized team, market-leading solutions and a focus on innovating around our mission. As I think back on this past decade, I can't help but feel tremendous gratitude to everyone who played a role in this journey—past and present Evolent employees, our business partners who share our commitment to transforming health care, and many others.
- We kicked off the year with a refreshed set of values—start by listening, communicate with candor, foster inclusion and own the opportunity—that are evolving with the company.
- We have focused our effort on achieving our mission through our three core solutions—Evolent Health Services, New Century Health (NCH) and Evolent Care Partners. All three teams enjoyed very strong years.
- Our employee engagement scores reached 87%, the highest rate in company history.
- Employee benefits have improved, and our bonus and 401(k) will be fully funded.
- We accelerated our focus on diversity, equity and inclusion (DE&I) across the organization. Our inclusion score, which measures employee feelings of belonging, debuted at 90%. Just recently, we added Dr. Tunde Sotunde, president and CEO of Blue Cross Blue Shield of North Carolina, to our board of directors to end the year with 50% of our board seats filled with diverse profiles.
- We added 1,200+ new FTE hires in 2021, and many more roles will be opening in 2022.
- As part of our accelerating work in oncology, NCH now supports over 100,000 unique cancer patients and over 15 million total patients in the U.S. We also acquired the end-of-life planning organization Vital Decisions to enhance our NCH capabilities and further help patients live out their time according to their values, goals and preferences.
- Through it all we remained focused on our mission, our communities and our teams. This year we launched Evolent Cares, a program to both help employees facing financial hardship and support the causes that they care about most, while also supporting our 5th annual Season of Giving.
About the AuthorFollow on Twitter Follow on Linkedin Visit Website More Content by Seth Blackley